Thursday, July 16

Random

1) 1/3 final presentation completed!! *jumps around happily*

2) Shared a laugh with a stranger yesterday.
I was in a lift, heading towards the lobby on the first floor after leaving the library(which was on the tenth floor). I had a long day and I wasn't in a pleasant mood. There was another stranger beside me whom I did not acknowledged. I immediately took my phone out to text my dad to tell him that I was on my way out because he was waiting for me. The lift door opened, I stepped out of the lift. The stranger too, at the same time. Then, I glanced up from my phone to the unfamiliar surroundings. This doesn't look like the first floor... I thought. I saw the sign outside the lift, 3. I flushed red, embarrassed by my own stupidity. Then, I realize, that I wasn't alone. The stranger did the same thing too! We looked at each other and laughed out loud at our silliness and couldn't stop until we reached the first floor. I don't know why but it brightened up my day =)

3) I wanted to have lunch at Kayu, the mamak in Taipan. I was alone and I was so stressed up with college work I just needed some time alone. Mamak was economic =) I searched for a parking for half an hour (it was Taipan) and got so frustrated and felt so hungry, I gave up and headed for Ehsan instead, the mamak near my old high school. I arrived and took my seat. When the waiter approached me and asked for my order, I realize I didn't know what to eat. I looked around and saw an uncle nearby, eating fried rice, kampung style. And I said, I'll have that too. I sat and stoned until my food arrived. The waiter placed the plate infront of me, and passed me my fork and spoon. Dejavu. I took a spoonful of rice and ate it. Even more Dejavu. I looked around. Then I stared back at my food and I smiled.

I remembered how I ate my first Fried Rice, kampung style with him. And how he had ordered for me when I couldn't make up my mind. We were sitting far left from where I was sitting that day. And right then, an image of us, him, eating his chapati because it was the lowest in carb and I, eating my first ever Fried Rice, Kampung style formed in front of my eyes.

It's been such a long time and so much have changed but you've left so many footprints in my memory. Footprints that will stay for a long time.

I loved Fried Rice, Kampung style ever since. And I've tried even better ones from other places after that. Just like all the things that you have opened up my eyes to, and how I've learnt and discovered so much more since then =) thank you and I wish you all the best.

4) I'm at the starbucks in Taipan. I want to go home now, but i forgot where I parked my car =(


Harry Potter!!!!!! YES, FINALLY!!!!


Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment