Thursday, July 30

Suddently!


Want to know what lack of sleep does to you?

Nesh, Danial and I were rushing our final assignment for CI. We did a study on Putrajaya International Convention Centre (PICC), that place is brilliant. Oh my god, I'm so sorry guys, I know we vowed not to ever mention the word PICC ever again but I just can't help it.

The magnificent PICC designed by Hijas Kasturi.

Quick facts: It is an International Convention centre, pfft duh, and it was designed specifically
to hold the 10th Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC) Summit. It is like a shopping mall for convention halls, function rooms etc.

What I like about it is that 60% of its structure is submerged in a hill. That is so brilliant, when all everyone wants to do now is build the tallest building in the world, PICC was actually going against it. How unique is that?


We wereup all night, editing our "book" in Photoshop, getting the facts right, finding the right picture... and most importantly, presenting all of those in a comic layout on 10 A3 papers. Dang, do you have any idea how much work that is! Billions of my brain cells died because of that, and maybe thats why we committed such a ridiculous crime. It's so stupid, it's a felony.

Danial was editing his page with photoshop, and my eyes wandered on his work as I had to help everybody with Photoshop, so I was checking time to time. I came across the word, "SUDDENTLY..." (a comical effect in our work)

And I squinted at it.

Debbie: Danial, is that how you spell "suddently"? It's wrong lar.

Danial: No, it's correct.

Debbie: Really? It feels wrong. Sorry, I think I'm so tired I forgot how to spell "suddently". I think its S-U-D-D-E-N-D-L-Y lar. It ends with a "D" not "T".

Danial: No, it's T lar.

Debbie: Really? *shrugs* Sorry then , I can't think straight.

We both continued our work but I kept peeking at his. There was this unsettled feeling growing inside of me and I kept spelling "suddendly" in my head. What's wrong? I couldn't figure it out. Nesh walked past, as if on cue and I stopped him to bug him about the spelling of SUDDENDLY.

Debbie: Nesh, the word "suddently"... There is no "T" one right.

Nesh: Huh? Yeah, there is no "T".

Debbie: Look at what Danial wrote...

Nesh: *looks*

Debbie: *looks*



silence.....



Nesh: Uhhhh... I think one is UK spelling one is US spelling...

Debbie: Oh yeah, yeah.

Danial: Yeah.

Nesh: Yeah, yeah.

Debbie: Okay, back to work.




Look at how three architecture students, made a fool of themselves.
How they all agreed that "suddenly" was spelt "suddently" because of the mixed up UK or US spelling. =.=
Look at what lack of sleep did to them.

And I'm so ashamed to tell you that we only figured it out after we passed up our work, went home, took a nap and woke up. Well, that was me anyway. It was like gaining enlightenment after I napped and recharged my batteries. I woke up, hands searching for my cellphone on autopilot mode and then typing the message


"OMG. its spelt S-U-D-D-E-N-L-Y."


We are such idiots. All THREE of us.


LOL,
Debbay


No comments:

Post a Comment